Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pastel Nail Polish!

For the longest time I've been trying to find the perfect pastel nail polish for spring. I've tried a bunch of different OPI colors, including Bubble Bath and a couple others, but I still wasn't able to find the perfect shade or consistency. I have to be very picky with my colors because my skin tone is fair, and the wrong colors can make my fingers look redish or even blueish.

While browsing through Ulta I came across Butter London's new spring line and fell in love with Teddy Pink. It was a light pink with a little touch of purple, and it was perfect. However, I bought an orange-y pink last summer and didn't love it. First of all it's expensive, one bottle is $15! That's a little steep for me, but I'm usually willing to spend the money if the product is amazing. I found the polish is very watery and it usually takes 3 or 4 coats to get the same color as the bottle. And it chips very easily, even with a top coat. Basically, I wouldn't buy it again.

To solve my problem, I compared Teddy Girl to Essie's pinks to find a color that was similar. I found Fiji and it was just about a perfect match! I'm soo glad I decided to buy it, it's the perfect pink color and the consistency is amazing. I might even like it more than OPI (and I'm a huge fan of OPI). It's creamy and liquidy enough to make application a breeze. And I haven't had any chipping issues so far. With a price of $8, I was sold.


The picture really doesn't even do it justice, it's better in person. Anyway, I hope this helps in your nail polish endeavors! Definitely keep this color in mind for spring! 



What colors are you loving for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...