The sunless tanning experience can either be really great or really awful. There's the streak issue, the bad smell, or even the rubbing-off-on-your-new-white-tshirt problem. However, if you find the right one, you can get your summery glow in a matter of minutes and avoid the stress and social scrutiny (you know you judge those orange people) that comes with a bad tan. I've tried my fair share of tanners, and I've put together a list of my favorites to help you avoid the baddies.
1. St. Tropez Self-Tan Bronzing Mousse - This tanner is a mousse which makes application really easy and streak-free. It dries in 60 seconds, looks natural, and doesn't have the gross tanner smell!
2. Jergens Natural Glow - Jergens is a go-to for many self tanner lovers. I have fair skin and find that the medium/dark actually works better than the light/medium. It is affordable and gives a nice gradual tan that looks natural. Definitely go with the unscented!
3. Bare Minerals Faux Tan Body - I love Bare Minerals, they have never let me down! This tanner is made from a mineral copper complex like gives you a brown (not orange!) color, and also contains aloe vera and other natural ingredients that hydrate your skin.
4. Kate Somerville Tanning Towelettes - A little pricier than the other tanners, but the towelettes make application so much easier than lotions/sprays. You can even do your back yourself!
5. Neutrogena Build-A-Tan - Neutrogena is also one of my favorite skin care brands. Their tanner is gentle on skin and gives you a pretty natural glow. I can see a difference after only one application! This is probably my favorite tanner, I love the color it gives me.
Do you use sunless tanner? What's your favorite brand?