Monday, June 3, 2013

Some thoughts

Yesterday I went to my cousin’s high school graduation. Not only are graduations a great excuse to dress up, but it also got me thinking about my high school graduation and how much has changed since then. It’s actually pretty amazing looking back and realizing what a different person I’ve become. I had to go way back in the creeping but here’s me as a little baby high school graduate, compared to me at my last sorority formal:



Those weren't my prettiest or most fashionable days, but I tried. Anyway, since then I've met and lost many different friends, went through numerous boyfriends only to find one that was been worth sticking with, I've lived in Italy, several different dorms and apartments, as well as moved back home for summers, joined a sorority, met friends that will truly last a life time, finally became legal (21!), and have grown an incredible amount as a person. 

I’m now getting into my 20s and I can’t wait to see what the next few years will hold for me! In your 20s you set the path for how your life is going to become and really grow into the person you're going to be for the rest of your life. As much as this seems terrifying and like a ridiculous amount of pressure, it’s a great feeling to realize the capability you have to make your life what you want it to be and the kind of impact you can have on the world. 

Graduations are a bittersweet occasion because you're leaving something behind that has been a major part of your life, but moving on to something new and even better. In the words of C.S. Lewis, "there are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." This is truly an inspirational and comforting thought, and throughout my life has been true so far. Wherever you are in life right now is where you're supposed to be, and this will only get better. Enough of my mushy thoughts, but I hope some of you can relate to these feelings.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...