Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Solstice Party

Any reason to have a party is a good reason to me! This Friday I decided to invite some friends over for a Summer Solstice Party. What better day to celebrate than the longest day of the year? It will be an outside get-together complete with candles in mason jars and maybe even some glitter. I'm planning everything around the theme of "light" which is so much fun!

As much as party planning tends to stress me out because I want everything to be perfect, I'm having fun with this one. Of course I headed to Pinterest to give me some ideas. Check out my board to see everything I'm planning!

Here are some things I think would be really fun

Glittery mason jars with candles for around the deck

Sparklers for when it gets dark, tied in bunches with yellow ribbon

Sparkling Cherry Lemonade

Yellow upside balloons and white lights hanging from the awning

Lemon vases with white flowers for centerpieces 

S'mores over the fire pit! 

Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites
Bacon wrapped pineapple with brown sugar, yummm

Lots of fruit!

Now all I have to do is find a yellow dress! Corn hole will definitely be happening too. I can always use help thinking of fun ideas so let me know if you have any advice/inspiration/words of encouragement, etc. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...